About: Nafeez writes for The Guardian on the geopolitics of interconnected environmental, energy and economic crises via his Earth Insight blog.
Dr. Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed is a bestselling author, investigative journalist, international security scholar, policy expert, film-maker, strategy & communications consultant, and change activist. The focus of Ahmed's work is to catalyse social change in the public interest by harnessing radical, systemic approaches to understanding the interconnections between the world's biggest problems, while developing and highlighting holistic strategies for social transformation. Whether it be foreign policy and terrorism, climate change and energy, or food and the economy, Nafeez deploys the techniques of critical, rigorous and interdisciplinary analysis to join the dots and challenge power, with a view to bring forth constructive change.
Education: University of Sussex
Current Position/Role: Commentator
- Also writes/has written for: Written, reported and commented regularly for a range of newspapers and magazines in the UK, US and Europe.
Other roles/Main role:
Broadcast media: Films
- A user's guide to the crisis of civilization and how to save it (2010) OCLC 730517857
- The London bombings : an independent inquiry (2006) OCLC 69733176
- The war on truth : 9/11, disinformation, and the anatomy of terrorism (2005) OCLC 57405380
- Behind the war on terror : western secret strategy and the struggle for Iraq (2003) OCLC 53794075
- The War on Freedom: How & Why America was Attacked, September 11, 2001 (2002) OCLC 769026345
Day published: various
Column format:Average length: